Simple to use,
Instantly start a college fund
Answer a few questions and our robo-advice will help you set up a college fund.
- Start a 529 plan to invest your savings tax-free. We’ll recommend a top-tier plan and help you select the right age-adjusting portfolio.
- If you already have a 529 plan, connect it to CollegeBacker.
- If you’re not ready to invest, start with an FDIC-insured Backer Safe.
Automate your contributions
- Set a goal and automate your contributions.
- Invite close family to co-manage your account.
- Manage your fund from our website or mobile app.
Build your Backer Team
- Customize your child’s gifting page (CollegeBacker.com/name) and invite family and friends to contribute.
- Share updates with your child’s Backers, especially around birthdays and holidays.
Earn cashback rewards
- Shop at over 125 name-brand partners to earn cashback rewards.
- Your rewards will be directly deposited into your child’s college fund.
- Your child’s Backers can participate and help you save even more.
Watch your savings grow
- Congratulations! You’ve done your part in securing your child’s future.
- Now watch your savings grow as your child gets closer to college. We’ll be there for you every step of the way.
A 529 Savings Plan is a state-sponsored investment account that has tax advantages when used to save for education.
Contributions to a 529 plan grow tax-free and can be withdrawn tax-free to pay for education.
Flexible and versatile
529s can be used for higher education, K-12, apprenticeships, and student loans. You can even transfer within the family.
Better for financial aid
Unlike UGMA/UTMA, a 529 plan will have a minimal impact on your child’s financial aid eligibility.
My child isyears old and
I can contributeper month.
Our3family and friends
can give25per month.
This hypothetical calculation is for illustrative purposes only and is based on assumptions described here.
The most features with the best pricing
As the first and only robo-advisor focused exclusively on education savings, we offer the most comprehensive college savings platform for a low monthly fee.
To reach as many families as possible, we let you choose your own fee.
How much more will I save?
Compared to a broker, you could save$37,000over the life of your account.*
Your first month is free, so you have time to make sure CollegeBacker is right for your family.
* This hypothetical calculation is for illustrative purposes only and is based on assumptions described here.
Security you can trust
As an SEC-registered investment adviser, we have a fiduciary duty to put your interests first and to safeguard your personal information and money.
Your account is protected with bank-level encryption and security practices, including 24/7/365 monitoring.
Your 529 plan investments are placed in a state-sponsored account managed by national investment companies.
If you choose a Backer Safe, your money is FDIC-insured up to $250,000 and is held at one of the largest U.S. banks.